Thursday, November 1, 2012

The lion, the spider, and the wardrobe....

I've said before I love Halloween for oh so many reasons, but I always look forward to getting to sew for my boys! This year's creations:


-The lion:

As seems to be tradition for me, I couldn't find a pattern I liked. So I just had to make something up. I really like how the mane turned out. I made little bundles of this furry yarn I found, then had to hand-sew them on. That was kind of a pain... :) but I liked it in the end.

These are from the school parade.



The spider:

George at the school parade. We had to look up how many eyes black widows have and what color the eyes are. In true George fashion, he was concerned that his costume be anatomically correct. Oh, and that's fishing line holding up the other legs. 

Ready to trick or treat!


 The wardrobe:

 You will recognize the last two from years past....

Henry really wanted to be the night fury. I don't blame him :) This is one of my favorite costumes I've made. (For a better look, see http://blogztheblogtoendallblogs.blogspot.com/2011/11/halloween.html)



Our sweet little Sam tiger. Sam loved his "tiger shirt." I did not let him wear it to bed as he suggested, though :)


Then there was our little Jack-o-lantern. I didn't make this outfit, just found it at Walmart :)


We had a great Halloween! Hope you had a happy Halloween, too! 



5 comments:

  1. Awww, they all look so cute! Great job on the costumes! I'm totally impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute guys. Lots of variety at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the Night Fury costume! My 2 year old daughter is obsessed with How To Train Your Dragon and Toothless. The rest of the costumes are so great as well! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such great talent making costumes. That spider is so cool and the lion darn good too.

    ReplyDelete