All day today I've been thinking about what this day was like for me 4 years ago. I woke up and got the kids ready for the day. Around 9 am I started feeling like I was having a few heavier contractions than normal. At 10 am I called a friend and asked if she was free in case I might need to bring my kids over later, but I was still feeling pretty good.. I started getting ready to take George to his 11:15am gymnastics class. At 11 I decided I probably shouldn't go, this was starting to feel like it might be the real thing. So I called Dan and asked him to come home from work and I called my mom and asked her to come over. Dan got home and brought me a Subway sandwich and a chocolate milk. By about 12:00 I was really feeling intense labor. My mom arrived around 12:30 and we headed to the hospital. I walked in and told the ladies at the front desk I was in labor. They sat me down in a room and started chatting with me for a while and asking how I was doing. The had me change into my clothes and lie down. The nurse, still in a very calm and casual manner came and checked me. Her eyes got wide, she ran to the hall and yelled, "We have a nine and a half, bulging bag!!!" swooped her hair into a ponytail and started running around the room opening packages and getting things ready. I followed her lead and put my hair into a ponytail. It was go-time. She informed me I wouldn't have time for an epidural. I got really sad, but decided in that case I would push this baby out as fast and hard as I could. The doctor arrived and my 9lb 3 oz Mr. Henry was born about 20 minutes later. Henry has never slowed down. That boy is as full of life, mischief, wit, and energy as they come, and we love him to death. Happy birthday to my 4 year old.
Sunday, October 7, 2012
on this day...
All day today I've been thinking about what this day was like for me 4 years ago. I woke up and got the kids ready for the day. Around 9 am I started feeling like I was having a few heavier contractions than normal. At 10 am I called a friend and asked if she was free in case I might need to bring my kids over later, but I was still feeling pretty good.. I started getting ready to take George to his 11:15am gymnastics class. At 11 I decided I probably shouldn't go, this was starting to feel like it might be the real thing. So I called Dan and asked him to come home from work and I called my mom and asked her to come over. Dan got home and brought me a Subway sandwich and a chocolate milk. By about 12:00 I was really feeling intense labor. My mom arrived around 12:30 and we headed to the hospital. I walked in and told the ladies at the front desk I was in labor. They sat me down in a room and started chatting with me for a while and asking how I was doing. The had me change into my clothes and lie down. The nurse, still in a very calm and casual manner came and checked me. Her eyes got wide, she ran to the hall and yelled, "We have a nine and a half, bulging bag!!!" swooped her hair into a ponytail and started running around the room opening packages and getting things ready. I followed her lead and put my hair into a ponytail. It was go-time. She informed me I wouldn't have time for an epidural. I got really sad, but decided in that case I would push this baby out as fast and hard as I could. The doctor arrived and my 9lb 3 oz Mr. Henry was born about 20 minutes later. Henry has never slowed down. That boy is as full of life, mischief, wit, and energy as they come, and we love him to death. Happy birthday to my 4 year old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Happy birthday to our little darling boy! He is such a cutie and such a bundle of energy. We are so glad he has been in our family 4 years.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to him! Adorable in the suit!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to sweet Henry!! He is so adorable!! I love his big smile!! :) We sure had fun sharing a little birthday joy yesterday!! :)
ReplyDelete