This cake is so easy and so impressive looking. I made it for book club a couple weeks ago.
Just use a cake mix and make 2 9in. round cakes. I used white cake. You can use chocolate or yellow. You decide.I used 2 snack packs of chocolate pudding and spread the pudding between the 2 cakes. Then frost the cake using whatever frosting you like. I used cream cheese frosting. (this is my favorite recipe http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sturdy-whipped-cream-frosting/) I used store bought cream cheese frosting this time, because I was low on time. The take about 10 Kit Kat bars and break them apart and line up the bars vertically on the edge of the cake. Fill the inside with strawberries, or whatever mix of berries you want!
The ribbon is not necessary, I just thought it would be pretty and it did hold things together nicely. Enjoy!!

i saw the original recipe in my taste of home magazine a few years ago. of course i couldn't find it when i was making this, so i just kind of made up my own.... here is the original recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Chocolate-Fruit-Basket-Cake
It is areally beautiful presentation. Nice for Easter
ReplyDeleteit was so pretty!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Looks so pretty and not hard.
ReplyDelete