Over a year ago I posted this: http://blogztheblogtoendallblogs.blogspot.com/2010/10/victory.html
.
I never followed up on the rest of the story. So here it is:
I was SO proud of myself for finally accomplishing my goal. So, so proud. I was telling my family at Sunday dinner right after I did my one "pull up" and recounted every glorious second. As I was telling my story, I also acted it out, showing how I pulled myself up onto the bar. My brother-in-law questioned the way I was holding my hands, and said that if that was the way I pulled myself up on the bar, then what I did was NOT a pull up, but a chin up, aka a girl pull up. Now, this was not acceptable. I do not do girl pushups and girl pull ups were not good enough for me. I was only slightly crushed. I had worked so hard and all I could do was a girl pull up?? I went home, glared at my pull up bar for a moment, then tried a real man-pull-up. Not. even. close. Oh I was crushed!! So, I went back to square one. I practiced and practiced and FINALLY after a couple of months - victory!! The one pull up I had wanted for months was MINE! So I set my sights on 2. Then 3. Then 4. Then 5. That's as far as I got. And then I got pregnant again.
I have to admit this, although I know it will sound silly, when we were trying to decide whether to get pregnant again, one reason I didn't want to was I was afraid of losing my pull up skills! It sounds so dumb when I say it, but it's real to me. So, my plan was to see how far into pregnancy I could still do my pull ups. I am happy to report that at 21 weeks I am still able to do a pull up!! I am scared to try too many because I don't want to hurt myself, but I'll do several in a day just to make sure I can still do them. So there's my silly story. The end.
i like your silly stories... keep 'em coming
ReplyDeleteI agree with Sarah...
ReplyDelete