Wednesday, May 8, 2013
A slice of life.... and cheese.
2:50 walk to school to pick up George.
3:10 get George from school
3:40 get home. We all have a case of the grumpies. We make banana peanut butter smoothies to try to feel better (I never measure, but it's roughly: 2 bananas, 4tbsp peanut butter, 1 cup of milk, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 1/2 c. ice and BLEND!). I realize I have no plan for dinner. Dang it.
4:10 I realize George has scouts in 20 minutes. Dang it. I tell George to go get ready and load the other boys into the car.
4:34 Drop George off at scouts. I run into a friend who compliments my dress today and tells me I look like I should be walking through a French market or something. We chat for a few minutes and I head toward home....
4;55 Arrive at.... La Madeleine... The closest thing to a French market anywhere around here, but it does the trick. The power of suggestion was just too strong to resist! So with pain au chocolat and a baguette in hand, I head back to my car.... Don't judge me...
5:15 Arrive at home and realize there's not even time to get out of the car, so I head back to get George from scouts.
5:50 Arrive home. Still no plan for dinner, although now I at least have a baguette. It's a start.
6:00 The kids really want to play in the sprinklers in the backyard. I say ok.. Within 5 seconds there are several little nakiepants running around looking for swimsuits...
6:10 The boys want me to blow up the pool. I don't want to. I haven't made dinner yet! But I guilt myself into it and blow it up for them...
6:30 Shoot, I forgot to nurse the baby... Boys are outside filling up the pool. So I sit down to nurse on the couch where I can see the boys playing outside. Pray they'll be ok while I nurse... They turn the hose on to the trampoline and are shooting each other with it while they jump.
6:45 I put baby soap all over the trampoline so the boys can jump, have fun, and get clean at the same time...Multitasking!
6:50 Call Dan to see if relief is coming soon. He won't be home until 7:40. Dang it. Well, at least there's more time to think about dinner...
7:00 THINK! what can we have for dinner... Looks like we might be eating a baguette...Hmmm what goes with baguettes. Cheese! I look in the fridge and find all sorts of random cheeses left over from various random recipes... Fontina! Parmesan! Dubliner! Let's have a cheese plate! I also find "Parisienne Carrots" in the freezer.... Sounds French to me! Then a couple cans of tomato soup, just so something looks like a main course. Voila!
7:45 Dan gets home and I try to convince the boys to come inside.
8:00 Everyone is in and ready to eat. We have fun talking about France and French food.
8:30 Everyone declares dinner a success. They loved it! I think we'll have another cheese plate night again soon!
Bon apettit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

sounds delicious and fun too!
ReplyDeleteFun post!
ReplyDelete