I just want to pass this on because it's been such a sweet experience for us.
A couple months ago, George brought a magna doodle into his room to play with. The next morning I found he had left me a cute little drawing on it. He kept leaving us drawings every day so we started leaving drawings back. George said he ran out of ideas so he started leaving us notes on his magna doodle.Usually sweet love notes, or something having to do with our day. Even though technically the magna doodle is Ben's, Ben liked the idea and started leaving us notes on papers. Now I have to admit, little kid notes are so hard for me because I want to keep every single one and I know I just can't, so after a couple weeks, we bought another magna doodle so Ben could leave his own notes to us. I feel like now I can have the memory of sweet interchanges without feeling like I'm drowning in papers I don't want to throw away. Now every night before we go to bed, we go into the big boys room, find their notes or drawings and write back to them. It's one of the highlights of our day.
Another idea someone shared at book club last night is she puts a notebook under her kids' pillows and writes questions in them for the kids to answer. Just any little questions like, "who's your best friend?" or "what made you happy today?" I thought that was a great idea, and what I'm thinking is maybe when they're little we can use magna doodles and as they get older, we can move up to the notebook, or maybe I'll just do both :)
I love the idea of keeping an open line of communication out there, and having a place to express our love in a sweet way. So now you know.
I LOVE that!!!
ReplyDeletegreat ideas! :)
ReplyDeleteGeorge is such a sweet boy! Very fun.
ReplyDelete