Friday, March 30, 2012

Lime chicken tacos

I have now made this recipe a couple of times (which as we all know is not something that happens often in this house) and I really enjoy it. It's super easy to make. The best part? If I forget to put it in the crockpot early in the day, I can make it in 15 minutes in the microwave! You can put completely frozen chicken in a covered dish (usually with water, but I do the lime juice and chili powder with this) and microwave it for somewhere around 10 minutes (depending on your microwave) and you can shred it easily with 2 forks. Then add the corn and salsa (and I like to add black beans!) and microwave a couple minutes longer. I've also served it over chips with guacamole and sour cream. Enjoy!



e
Photo by: Taste of Home


Lime Chicken Tacos Recipe

Prep: 10 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
Yield: 12 Servings 

Ingredients
1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup chunky salsa
12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional 


Directions

Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. 

Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Stir in corn and salsa. 

Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve in tortillas with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired. Yield: 12 tacos.


Nutritional Facts1 taco (prepared with fat-free tortillas; calculated without sour cream and cheese) equals 148 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.

No comments:

Post a Comment