Sunday, February 21, 2010

2 of the 10000000 reasons i am not skinny and probably never will be

1. Lemon bars

1 c. flour
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. confectioner's sugar

Mix and press into 8x8 pan. Bake 20 min at 350.

2 eggs 1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp FRESH lemon juice (way better fresh, don't know why...)

Beat for 3 min. and pour over hot crust. Bake 25 minutes at 350.

When cool, make a glaze of approx. 1 c. confectioner's sugar and maybe about 2 tbsp lemon juice (I don't measure, just make it until it's easily pourable) and drizzle over top of lemon bars, let harden. Cut into squares and try not to eat the whole pan.


2. Oreo truffles

these are from my brother-in-law, and can be described in one word. YUM.

1 pack Oreos
1 8 oz pack cream cheese
4-6 cubes of chocolate coating

Mash up the Oreos however you see fit. I just threw them in the KitchenAid. Add the cream cheese until well blended. Roll into little 1 inch balls and dip in chocolate coating. Deeeeelicious.

4 comments:

  1. Everyone in my ward who knows about these lemon bars goes wild when I bring this same version to activities. They are always a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to correct you if I may. The Oreo truffles are MY recipe, for once, and NOT Jason's. My friend made them at Bunko a couple years ago and then she taught us how to make them at an enrichment night. So anyways - just had to say, not all recipes out of the Tullos household are Jason's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regardless, they are certainly most sinful.

    ReplyDelete