Saturday, August 15, 2009

To be, or not to be

Today at lunch, George looked around the table and said, "We have five people in our family. When we have Sam, we will have 6." Sam, of course, is our next baby. Now to clarify, I am not pregnant and I don't know when I will be.... George has just been talking about Sam since the day I had Henry. He talks about him like he's as real as you and me. He just hasn't gotten here yet. But he's coming. And we will share our toys with him just like we do with Henry.

Before I had Henry, I had a thought- maybe a feeling or just an idea - I don't know exactly what - that I would have 4 boys. George, Ben, Henry, and Sam. So when I got pregnant with Henry I really felt like I knew it was a boy and he would be Henry. And of course, he was. Given the track record of the Prince family, I'm betting the odds are pretty high that the next baby will be our little Sam. George talks about him so much that I almost feel like I know him already. He really likes dragons and knights and wants to eat watermelon. He just doesn't exist yet.

It'll be really interesting to see what happens.

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute, especially the dragons and knights and watermelon part. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. George is such a cutie!! Maybe you'll get a girl after Sam comes along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. when caitlyn was 3 she talked all year about dave and davey that were still in heaven waiting to come to our family. we now have david but no matter what there will not be a davey ;)

    ReplyDelete