Friday, July 31, 2009

It has fruit in it, that makes it healthy

2 delicious things I made this week:

1. Banana Bread. This recipe is unlike any I've ever tried and I love it. My sister-in-law Patti gave it to me, and it has become a favorite. Which is saying a lot since for the most part I make most recipes once and almost never again. This recipe is twice as good if you make it into muffins. You get more surface area when you make muffins, and that is the best part of this recipe: the sugary goodness of the crust.

2 c sugar
4 tbsp sour cream
3 large bananas
2 c flour
1 stick butter
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 c nuts (I never put nuts in)

Mix all and bake at 350. For bread it's about an hour (check with a toothpick) and muffins it's more like 30 min. or so.


2. Cherry "Pie." We got this from a children's book we got at the library, about King Bing who is trying to get Queen Bea to marry him by giving her a pie. This recipe is at the end, purportedly King Bing's recipe, but it's doubtful since in the illustrations it's a double crust cherry pie and this is more like a cherry crisp ;)

1 1/4 c. oats
1 c brown sugar
3/4 c. flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 20 ounce can cherry pie filling

Combine the oats,brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir. Cut in the butter. Mix it all together with your hands (it's more fun that way) until it resembles breadcrumbs.

Empty cherry pie filling into a greased pie plate and top with crumbly mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 375.

No comments:

Post a Comment