Saturday, June 23, 2012

Reason #962 I'm glad my Mom taught me how to sew



















I really, really hate hospitals. When I had George I stayed the full 2 or three days (I don't remember how long) and wore the hospital gowns the whole time because I didn't know you didn't have to! For every baby after that I have sewed myself a hospital nightgown that I could wear after delivery. It makes me feel halfway human while I'm there. So this time I was thinking of what to make when I saw these designer hospital gowns on babycenter.com:


These gowns were over $100 dollars. I saw some others for around $50-$75. I have always made mine white so I could bleach them if anything got on them, but nothing ever got on them so I decided this time I would go for some color! I could have tried harder to find cheaper material, but I saw this in hobby lobby the other day while I was there with the boys and thought it looked bright and fun. So here's my "designer hospital gown" for less than $15 total. 




Now time for baby to come :)

Oh, and we might even have a name picked out for him :D

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute. I have seen these before but the price tag and the fac that I am always trying to get out asap keep me from considering them. I honestly never occured to me to make one (probably because I am not good at sewing and can't make or change patterns). Excellent work!!

    ReplyDelete