Monday, September 13, 2010

bacon and tomato spaghetti

i realized just now that you couldn't even see the ingredients or directions to my last recipe post. i guess if you read it on google reader you could... either that or absolutely no one reads my blog... ha! either way, still i post the recipe i made tonight.




  • 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
  • 1/2 pound thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
  • 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 3 cups fresh baby spinach
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • Grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

  • Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
  • Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Sauté tomatoes in drippings until tender. Drain spaghetti; stir into skillet. Add the spinach, bacon, vinaigrette, salt and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.

3 comments:

  1. I read your blog and enjoy your recipes! I did view it on Google Reader though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny that you posted this recipe. Bacon spaghetti is one of the only things Joe cooks. Granted, it's not as gourmet as this (and minus the spinach, obviously), but anytime I buy bacon, Joe is all over the bacon spaghetti :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did "see" the directions by highlighting them like you would when cutting and pasting. I thought it might be a difference because of my mac computer. Anyway, I did read your blog, so somebody is reading it!!

    ReplyDelete