Thursday, June 18, 2009

Midnights with Henry


Since the dawn of our parenthood, Dan and I have always gone in to check on our boys before we go to bed. There is just nothing sweeter than peeking in on our little sleeping angels. It is such a quiet, special time for us and we do it every night. Our little Henry has picked up on this like no other child of ours has before.

There is a floorboard in the entryway to the boys' room that squeaks a bit if you step on it. With that squeak, up pops his little bald head, with his hilarious groggy expression and a little whimper to pick him up. Never fails. He's always a bit angry that he's been awakened, so I have to go feed him to transform him back into our sweet little Henry. When the transformation is complete, then comes our favorite time of the day: our "Midnights with Henry." Twenty minutes or so of stolen time to spend with our latest addition. What a doll.

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty funny. I used to wake up when the sun would peek through the blinds, when I first got here to Ohio, now I just sleep on, undisturbed.

    ReplyDelete